ALL ABOUT U
Your U-shaped kitchen should be all about YOU, designed specifically around how your household uses the kitchen daily.
To put it simply, U-shaped kitchens are a kitchen layout where the counters flow around 3 walls uninterrupted to create a “U” shape in the room. The U-shaped kitchen is one of the most wanted of all kitchen layouts. That is all due to its practicality, storage, countertop space, and aesthetically pleasing design. This type of layout creates balance and symmetry due to its three-walled design, making it an ideal layout for the kitchen work triangle.
The working triangle
A work triangle is a space between your stove, refrigerator, and sink. It supports functionality since it separates three major elements of your kitchen. You should find a convenient location for these elements since they’re a priority.
The secondary working triangle
The secondary working triangle would be the fridge, your appliances, and your food prep space. For example, you might have dedicated counter space for your chopping board and also a dedicated space for appliances such as blenders, mixers, and food processors.
U-shaped kitchen design can be found in both large and small kitchens, depending on the size of the room.
Small U-Shaped Kitchens are usually just for cooking. They might be suited for one or at most two people to prep a meal.
Large U-Shaped Kitchens are good for all three: cooking, dining and socializing. They might include a kitchen island in the middle to help break up the room and serve as an eating area or a good place for hanging out.
- Storage: Since there are more storage solutions and cabinets it’s only logical that there’s more storage space.
- Countertops: You’ll have more space for food prep and your kitchen will look less cluttered when cooking and eating.
See how our designers can create your Dream Kitchen
Get a free 2D layout
Design & layout with as many revisions until it’s perfect!
High quality, realistic 3D rendering of project within 24 hours!
Quotes are detailed, transparent, and come with 15 day Price Gurantee!
Professional Grade Design
Professionalism and quality so good, 15,000+ families have said YES!
- One or two ‘chefs’: You’ll no longer bump into another person cooking because this layout allows you plenty of space for movement.
- Adjustability: You’ll have many designing options for how to lay things out and where to place your working triangle.
- Less clutter: With more space and storage units you can make your kitchen almost clutter-free and organized.
- Add an island: Try adding an island into the middle of the kitchen design. It can serve as extra storage, a food prep area, or a dining area.
- Stove placement: Try to make sure that you’ve got counter space on both sides of your stove for hot pots.
- Oven placement: If possible, put your oven at eye-level. This reduces bending and makes the area much safer for children.
- Wall cabinets: Don’t make your wall cabinets too low or too high. Try to find an optimal solution.
- Light: If there is space for windows, then let as much natural light in as possible. Also, you’ll need more ceiling lights than usual. Under-cabinet lighting is also recommendable. When you’ve got so much counter space, it’s important to find the best way to light it all.
Nelson Cabinetry provide free design services. We have a team of professionals that will help both you and us ensure that every project is a success. They’ll recommend their very best advice for choosing the right cabinets and layout that will stay within your budget yet be perfect for your wanted kitchen design.
Nelson Cabinetry is an online distributor of high quality kitchen and bathroom cabinetry. We pride ourselves in delivering a high quality product via an easy to use, convenient website. Placing your cabinet order has never been easier and you can do so from the comfort of your home, office or job site.